Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Craft Store Necklace






I love the necklaces people are wearing that have the big flower on them, but they cost so much money! So I decided to make my own.  I bought all of the items (beads, string, and the flower hair clip) at the local craft store (and used a coupon - LOVE the coupons!) and began beading.  It was so easy, because I just followed my own pattern.  AND, the flower was pre-made!!  It's actually a hair clip/lapel pin that I just pinned on the necklace.  I love it, and I get compliments when I wear it.  The best part?  It cost a fraction of what I would have paid at a boutique!  Try making one for yourself!!  I would LOVE it if you would send me a picture of your necklace creations when you do!  And, trust me, it's an addicting project.  You'll want to make several more variations after you make your first one!  Happy beading!!





Amy 
The Crafty Side Of Life

8 comments:

  1. Darling project & great close-up photos. Can't wait to see you wearing it.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...it is so pretty...I am your newest follower via a saturday blog hop..

    sherry

    http://splendiferousgirlsclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! how simple! and lovely!

    starting every monday over at www.tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com there will be giveaways and linky parties! so come and join in for some fun and inspiration!

    -The tootsie wootsie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and you are resourceful!
    Thanks for linking up to my Pity Party!
    xo,
    Mique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming! I actually did the same thing on Christmas when my dress needed a sweet necklace!
    Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute! And I'm sure it was way cheaper to make yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling- Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter!

    ReplyDelete