Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Crepe Paper Wreath

Are you looking for a CHEAP and EASY Valentines project?  Here it is.  I think it turned out pretty cute.

AND, all you need is 3 things to make this!

*Crepe Paper- I used about 3/4 of a roll and it made a wreath size about the size of a dessert plate, but you can make one as big as you would like
*A piece of wire
*Embellishments 



Your first step is to cut the Crepe paper into about foot long strips.  You don't want to fold the whole roll into one bunch, because if you do that, it will be much harder to punch a hole all the way through.  That is why you take little strips at a time.  Makes the hole punching a lot easier!
So, as I just said, you want to fold the Crepe paper like this:

And when you have that piece folded, punch the wire through the middle like this: 

And repeat until you have the whole length of the wire covered
like this:
(I added some white Crepe paper as well)

When you're done, add a few embellishments and a piece of ribbon to hang it from like this:




They would be so cute in any color!!





Amy 
The Crafty Side Of Life



5 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I've got to book mark it and make one for St Paddy's day or for the spring (if it ever gets here-lol).
    Thanks for sharing this inspiring craft-lovin' it!
    Amber
    p.s. I found you through Thrifty Thursday Blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend. Blessings...

    Johnnie
    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love it--especially on the black background. Wahoo--56 followers! You're growing fast. Congrats.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am a new follower~ very cute crepe paper wreath. I never thought of doing this.. can't wait to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I have some red crepe paper, gonna do it today!

    ReplyDelete